Committed to travel photography . . .
We are an established, UK-based photographer training business which specialises in travel, street and documentary photography workshops and courses. On our immersive workshops you will learn the art and the essential techniques of these genres of photography – whether in a European city such as Venice, Lisbon or Prague – or in London.
Our workshops concentrate on ‘getting the picture’ and exploring the creative side of photography. We make the most of our time together by focusing on five key areas:
- Building your confidence as a photographer, conquering your fear of shooting in urban environments
- Developing your powers of observation so that you ‘see’ the right opportunities
- Helping you understand the creative principles of light and composition
- Coaching you in the essential shooting techniques to ensure that you capture ‘the moment’
- Enabling you to take stylish and meaningful images which go beyond the often-seen ‘stranger in a street’ picture
Our small but very nice team
Our Principal and Course Leader is Brian Lloyd Duckett, a well-known London photographer. Prior setting up a successful commercial and editorial photography business (click HERE for info), Brian has worked as a press and agency photographer on the streets on London and many other cities.
Brian’s first book on street photography techniques – ‘Mastering Street Photography‘ – is published by Ammonite Press (2016) and is available in bookshops worldwide. His second book, also by Ammonite, is called ’52 Assignments: Street Photography’. He lectures extensively at camera clubs, teaches as a Visiting Lecturer on photography degree courses and is a member of the BPPA (British Press Photographers’ Association).
Brian is represented by Saatchi Art where his prints are on sale worldwide.
Keeping it in the family, Alex Duckett assists on workshops, runs our marketing and social media and generally helps make the business tick. A history graduate, Alex is a keen street photographer and is currently helping to establish our courses in other European cities.
And, last but not least, Johannah looks after our workshop administration and finances and has developed a talent for keeping the boys on track!