LONDON PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS
London photography workshops
Do you plan to visit London this year? Why not take some time out to explore the ‘real’ London with a London-based travel photographer? We offer private workshops in London for between 1 and 7 days. These private workshops can be for individuals or small groups of family or friends and are available throughout the year. From a ‘one off’ workshop to a structured development programme – and all points in between – we can work together to elevate your skills as a documentary and travel photographer
We will tailor a workshop to your precise requirements – usually including elements of street, travel and documentary photography. We start the session with a thorough briefing / tutorial over coffee, before hitting the streets to work together to produce some stunning images. We look at techniques for exposure, focusing and composition; learning how to spot an opportunity for a unique picture; story telling; digital workflow; sharing or marketing your work. Most of all, you will discover new ways of telling the story of your travels through great images.
- Spend the day(s) working closely with Brian Lloyd Duckett, a London-based professional documentary, street and travel photographer
- Find and develop your voice as a photographer
- Learn how to get the most out of your camera
- Conquer your fear of shooting strangers
- Learn how to be ‘invisible’ on the streets
- Understand the components of a great urban landscape image
- Work with shadows and silhouettes (weather permitting)
- Discover my techniques for using light to produce striking images
- Understand how to conceive and develop projects
- Build a strong narrative into your work
- Discover some of the ‘hidden’ London, off the beaten track and into some photographic hot spots, building a perspective of the city which extends far beyond the tourist sites such as Big Ben and Trafalgar Square
- Learn how to share your work: printing, exhibiting, websites and effective social media strategies
Learn with Brian Lloyd Duckett
You’ll be spending your time with Brian, a London-based professional travel, street and documentary photographer. Brian has a relaxed, hands-on and engaging teaching style and will coach you in the essential techniques to elevate your skills. He has written two best selling books about street photography and has a background as a photojournalist.
Brian is able to arrange photography workshops in London throughout the year. Please contact him to discuss your ideas or requirements before booking a workshop.
This summer in London I did two workshops with Brian. One was a one to one and the other a group workshop.They were both amazing and beneficial for me in their own way…. Brian is a real gentleman his relaxed easy manner inspires you – he gives you positive feedback and a ton of knowledge to inspire you. I would close my eyes and do a workshop with him weather it is for a beginner or for someone like me who wants to improve their photography.Humaira