VENICE PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS
Come on one of our Venice photography workshops to experience this ancient, unique and charismatic photographers’ paradise. Venice provides a wealth of photographic opportunities for travel and street photographers in stunningly beautiful surroundings which are greatly enhanced by the ever changing light.
You will be in a small group (maximum of 6 participants) and there will be ample opportunity for on-to-one discussion, tuition and mentoring.
Our Venice photography workshops include elements of street, travel and documentary photography; we work on techniques for exposure, focusing and composition; learn how to spot an opportunity for a unique picture; discover how work with great light and become a master of it; build your confidence as a street photographer; perfect your digital workflow. Most of all, you will discover new ways of telling the story of your travels through great images. We will be doing lots of structured shooting and you will receive coaching, mentoring and constant feedback from your course leader, Brian Lloyd Duckett.
Your workshop will be immersive, inspiring and great fun. The experience will challenge you, stretch you and will elevate your photography.
For individuals and up to three additional guests, this is a bespoke workshop over two or three full days. Your workshop will be tailored to your specific interests and learning objectives but is likely to include the following core elements:
- Coaching on how to develop your own style as a photographer and how to conceive and undertake ‘projects’.
- Learn how to spot a photo opportunity in an every day street scene.
- Understand the components of a great street or travel image.
- Understand how to use lighting conditions to your advantage.
- Work with shadows, silhouettes and ever-changing light.
- Conquer your fear of photographing strangers.
- Become invisible and shoot your environment quietly and unobtrusively.
- Get to grips with the technical aspects of street and travel photography: equipment, composition, exposure, light and focus.
- Discover how a pro street photographer sets up his camera to enable fast and accurate shooting.
- Learn how zone focusing can speed up your work and make you more effective as a street photographer.
- Understand some of the key legal and ethical aspects of photographing in public places.
- Shooting at an iconic Venice location at either dawn or dusk.